Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kitchen Experiment: Tilapia with Tofu and Tausi


I'm not really a fan of fish dishes, I preferred chicken as this is the easiest to cook (for me). We usually buy our lunch at Jollijeep and when I tried their Tilapia with Tausi, I instantly fell in love with it. It reminded me my childhood where I would cook tausi-based dishes for my late Tatay. So one weekend, I decided to relive those memories and cook this dish again.





Ingredients:

1 Kilo Tilapia [Remove the scales and innards]
5 pcs Tofu squares [Diced]
1 onion sliced
3 garlic cloves [Diced]
2 tbsp. grated ginger [Yes, grated since it enhances the flavor better]
2 cups water
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 Cup Oyster Sauce
2 tbsps. sugar
Onion leeks [Diced]
Salt and Pepper
Basil leaves [optional]


How to Cook:

1. Fry the Tofu first till golden brown. Set aside.

2. Fry the Tilapia. Set aside.

3. On a separate pan, heat the oil and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Saute until onion is a bit caramelized.

4. Add water, oyster sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Season with salt, pepper and basil leaves. Bring to boil

5. Add the tilapia and tofu. Cover them well with the sauce. Simmer for 2 mins then add the onion leeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment