Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kitchen Experiment: Baked Mussels Ain't Muscles


It's been an extremely long hiatus this blog has been to and yes, I'm back. I've been busy doing stuffs in real life and to make it up with my readers (if I indeed have one), I'll try to be more committed this time.

This recipe is quite overdue and I had to keep on taking pictures and eventually use it for my updates. To keep my mouth shut, here goes. Baked Mussels (Tahong, in our native tongue).






Ingredients:

1 Kilo of Mussels (clean and beared removed)
1/2 cup butter
1 block of cheese
1 garlic head (finely chopped)
parsley or onion leeks

Process:

Cook the mussels by boiling it. Once cooked, remove half of the shell and retain the part where the meat is still intact.

Once done, brush the meat with butter and sprinkle garlic, cheese and parsley. Some prefers to coat the entire shell with cheese but I don't want to over power the flavor of the mussels so a fair amount will do.

Place the mussels in a pan and bake them in the oven until the cheese melts. Serve asap.

2 comments: