Sunday, July 10, 2011

Kitchen Experiment: Corned Beef with Potato n' Cabbage

I've been looking at our pantry and found several canned goods. At first, I thought of making sandwich spread but I wasn't able to find any bread and it's almost dinner time already so I decided to cook for dinner instead. I craved for Samba Brazilian Corned Beef (I don't really get what's so Brazilian about it and Brazilian wax comes into my mind instead). Canned goods indeed makes eating and cooking convenient for everyone but we shouldn't be stuck with the idea of eating it as is. So, I made an experiment and that is to incorporate veggies in canned goods to make it a healthier version. And here it is, my Corned Beef with Potato n' Cabbage:

Do they have this in Brazil?


Ingredients:

2 Cans of Samba Brazilian Corned Beef (This is a bit expensive but it's worth it)
2 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 Onion (diced)
1/2 kilo of Cabbage (diced)
2 Large Potatoes (peeled and diced)
1 Tbsp. oil
1/4 cup of water
Seasoning

How to Cook:

1. Heat the oil and add in the garlic and onion.
2. Add the diced potatoes and cook until the color becomes a bit translucent.
3. Add the corned beef and water. Let it simmer until the potatoes are cooked (don't overcook the potatoes!)
4. Once the potatoes are cooked, add in the cabbage. Put in the seasoning, mix and remove from the heat. This will ensure you won't overcook the cabbage.


2 comments:

  1. On your next experiment try corned beef with corn kernels. Numnumnum, meowwwwwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy!! But personally I prefer Purefoods Corned Beef to Samba.. unless of course its served by the Brazilian girl in the commercial hehe

    ReplyDelete