Friday, September 17, 2010

Kitchen Experiment : Chicken with Mushroom



I love to eat. Who doesn't? But wouldn't it be nice if you know how to cook food for yourself and your love ones? Chicken is one of the easiest stuff to cook next to seafoods and I guess, you can never go wrong with chicken.

Eds, my bestfriend in the office usually asks his boyfriend, Allen to bring food for us during lunch. Manang usually text Eds for the menu and Allen just brings it. I forgot what other foods were included in the menu but we all ordered Chicken with Mushroom.

I had that feeling but still hoped that it won't turn out to be Chicken with itsy bitsy mushroom because I'm a sucker for mushroom (maybe Mario Brothers had something to do with it). So yeah, to my...no to ALL of our dismay we can barely taste or see the mushroom. I was a bit frustrated but I can't blame Manang, it's only 50 bucks anyway.

My frustration over the mushroom lasted for at least 2 days, that's when I decided to cook my own Chicken with LOTS of Mushroom. I know the ingredients, but I'm not that confident on HOW to cook it. So with a little help from Eds, here goes my Chicken with Mushroom recipe.



Ingredients:

Chicken, Margarine (butter will do), Seasoning, Cream of Mushroom, Mushroom, onion, garlic, pepper,  chopped onion leeks (parsley will be okay too)

Cooking Time Baby!
Sauté the garlic and onions in the margarine. Be careful not to burn the garlic, burnt garlic can ruin the whole dish. Add the chicken, seasoning, pepper and wait for it to cook.


Add a cup of water before adding the cream of mushroom. If you really like to have a creamy version, add 1/2 cup of water to 1 can cream of mushroom. Add the mushroom, let it boil then add the onion leeks.





Voila!!! Eating time!!!!


Now this is what you call Chicken WITH Mushroom



No comments:

Post a Comment