Friday, September 17, 2010

In a Perfect World...




I mentioned that I'm an online gamer too. At first, I didn't have plans to play this long, it was just a simple "okay-I'll-give-it-a-shot-game". My first job was buying MMORPG accounts and I feel like a noob whenever the seller says something about trinkets, tiers, clan etc. That was too much information overload for me who doesn't have an idea what they are talking about. So there, I convinced myself to play an online game, the big question: What game?

Then, Coilfang (his IGN) an officemate recommended to me, Perfect World. He said it's like World of Warcraft, but catered to Asians and it's Free to Play. Great! No monthly dues, perfect for my budget. I didn't have a computer back then, I had to rent in a computer shop (Php 15/hr).

So for newbies out there. The first thing you need to do is to have a Level Up Account (LU Account). You can create one by going here. Set up everything there, like a normal account registration. Once everything is set, your next step should be: INSTALL the game. Now, this can be way lot easier if you have a DVD installer or anyone who owns one. But if you have no choice, you can download it.



So, what is Perfect World (PW)? PW is an MMORPG developed by Beijing Perfect World. It has been released in several different areas in different versions already. The Malaysian version has now been released worldwide in an English-language format.

Perfect World is heavily based on Chinese mythology, and is set in the mythical world of Pangu. The simulated day and night, and flight is a key component in exploring the game world.

Races and classes (I'll just give you a brief introduction, I'll discuss more about these races on my future posts)

1. Humans
  • Wu Xia (BladeMaster) - Damagers and sometimes tankers. Stunners. I hate their Stuns during duels. High physical def, medium magical def.
  • Fa Shi (Wizards) - Ultimate Nukers. Using a variety of elemental spells to deal a large amount of damage. Low physical def, high magical def.
2. Wingkind
  • Yu Ling (Cleric) - Who can survive without them? Honestly, raid or without raids, Yu Lings are there to buff you, resurrect the dead, heal you etc. Okay, I sound too biased here. But hey, I love my Yu Ling.
  • Yu Mang (Archers) - Archers are valued for their large damage dealing range. Critical hits which can cause an enemy to be dead in one shot. Ain't that cool?
3. Beastkind
  • Ya Shou (Barbarians) - The ultimate TANKER during raids, territorial wars.
  • Yao Jing (Venomancers) - Uses pets to aid them in dealing damage or luring. In-charged of debuffing.
4. Tideborn
  • Wu Shi (Psychics) - Nukers as well with devastating reflect skill, which reflects all damage, ranged or melee
  • Xi Shou (Assassins) - Their cloak skill is amazing. Don't be to relaxed when you're in Player Kill mode. You'll never know if some assassin is just waiting to strike.

Now, what do you choose to be? It's all up to you. You can play them all under one account if you wish too. Still confused? Watch out for my future posts and I'll share you my adventures with these races.





No comments:

Post a Comment